Monday 25 February 2013

The new patch

The new patch

So, here is what I have to work with. As you can see, its not much at the minute, but should be big enough to provide plenty of challenges in our first growing season. Evie has informed me that moving the daffodils first is more important than any vegetables!


I have decided on three main beds, horizontally across the patch. Apparently, this should be enough to allow me to rotate the crops year on year. Brassicas in one bed, root veg in another, and Peas / Beans etc in the third.


I managed to get most of the first bed dug over the weekend, I forgot how much hard work digging was!! I have more blisters than fingers today.

 I was really disappointed that I didn't manage to get it all levelled off yesterday but I was done in altogether. (and I wanted to watch the cup final) So that will be a job for one night this week.

The nights will be drawing out properly soon, and I cant wait. there is so much to do that little & often is going to be the key to making this garden a success, and a potter in the garden after work every evening really does help to de-stress.














No comments:

Post a Comment